Calling on young peacebuilders and changemakers in Ghana: We are looking for participants of the 2nd Cohort of our Fellowship Program
About the 'ASFIT Young Peacebuilders Fellowship Program'
ASFIT Young Peacebuilders Fellowship Program is designed to offer young people who are already into peacebuilding and those interested in going into peacebuilding to be mentored, coached and trained by seasoned experts of conflict management, dialogue, youth, peace, and security etc. The program is completely virtual and participants can enjoy the full program experience regardless of their present location. The interest in this program is enormous. For example, in 2021, we received 137 qualified applications from sixteen (16) different countries but we had to settle on only 50 for the start due to capacity constraints.
- To train and build the capacity of youth to understand the concepts related to the Youth, Peace and Security agenda including awareness creation on UNSCR2250 and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To raise awareness among youth participants on their role in managing and transforming conflicts.
- To strengthen the understanding of the different concepts around conflicts, violence and peace.
- To imbibe in participants the need to preserve peace and the importance of using peaceful methods to resolving misunderstandings and disputes.
- To highlight the strengths of togetherness regardless of religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
- Must be 35 years old or younger.
- Must be able to communicate in English language.
- Must reside in Ghana.
- Must commit the time required to participate fully in the program.
- Must possess a phone, tablet or PC to be able to join training sessions.
- Participants are expected to exhibit better understanding of the various concepts of peace building including clear understanding of the various forms of violence (cultural, structural and physical) negative/positive peace, conflicts etc.
- Participants will become aware of the various policy frameworks on #Youth4Peace and apply them in their peace building activities for example localization of the UNSCR2250 etc.
- Additionally, participants and to a large extent the community will learn more about the Sustainable Development goals known as global goals and how they can assist to their achievement.
- Empowerment of youth participants with the right skills and tools to actively engage in peace processes and advocacy.
- Participants are expected to become active advocates for Youth, Peace and Security in Ghana and work towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 16.
- Participants may also get the opportunity to volunteer with us and other organizations.